Asphalt & Concrete Finisher
The Kauffman Group, Inc. is looking for experience and responsible construction asphalt and concrete finishers to join our honest and reputable construction company. We offer competitive pay, health and dental benefits, 401K, vacation pay and opportunities for advancement. Take pride in working alongside other respected construction crews in both commercial and residential settings. Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop skills and learn the newest construction techniques in a fast-paced environment.
• Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
• Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed. Inspect
completed work to ensure proper installation.
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or trowel float.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers and straightedge.
• Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough
• Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct
concrete on forms.
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or
• Follow safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
• Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking
up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use.
Job Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
• Excellent stamina
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain and dusty
• Be able to work overtime when required
• Fluency in English; Spanish a plus but not necessary
Please contact Kirsten Williamson at [email protected] or call at 703-994-8021
The Kauffman Group, Inc. 42868-C Durham Court Leesburg, VA 20175